Mélange is about the essence of meals. The new Mélange ceramic knives are beautiful, functional and provide great value. Available in multiple sets and handle options, you have choice to pick knives that suit most to your kitchen needs and lifestyle. Ceramic knives are completely food safe. Knives do not rust or leak/transfer metal ions from long-term exposure to moisture, oils and acids in common foods. They are significantly sharper than steel knives – ceramic blade preserves its sharpness 8-10 times longer than traditional steel blades. Mélange ceramic knives are lightweight and comfortable to use as it weighs approx. Half of an equivalent metal knife. Knives can chip or break relatively easily hence it is important to store them in holder or in a sheath. the Knives come in multiple set options with and without ceramic peelers. Choose between 15 handle options that are ergonomically designed. Handles are made of premium abs material, bamboo or ceramic. Avoid using these knives for carving; boning; chopping; smashing; stirring in hot temperatures. Do not cut frozen or extremely hard food. Avoid excessive bending or dropping. Use on recommended surfaces such as wood or polyethylene cutting board. Do not use on glass, marble, and metal surfaces. Hand wash only under running water and dry it in room temperature. The new universal blocks are flexible, easy to use and durable. The inside of the blocks contain plastic sticks that conform to shape of the knife blade without chipping or dulling it. The blocks can fit knives with blades up to 8″. The inside plastic sticks are removable and can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
- Includes 6-inch chef’s knife, 5-inch Santoku knife, 5-inch slicing knife, 4-inch utility knife, 3-inch pairing knife and wooden universal knife block
- Knives do not rust or leak/transfer metal ions from long-term exposure to moisture, oils and acids in common foods
- Significantly sharper than steel knives; ceramic blade preserves its sharpness 8-10 times longer than traditional steel blades
- Universal block can fit knives with blades up to 8″; the food-grade plastic sticks conforms to shape of knife without chipping or dulling the blade
- Ceramic knives are not dishwasher safe but are easy to clean as they are not stained or affected by substances such as salts, acids and juices