Product DescriptionMakita KP312 15 Amp 12-1/4-Inch 12,000 Rpm Front Roller Corded Hand Held Planer
Amazon.comThe Makita 12-1/4-Inch Planer, model KP312, is precision engineered for an even cut, every time. It is ideal for professional timber framers, carpenters, log home manufacturers, boat fabricators, and more.
15 AMP Power
The KP312 features a 15 AMP motor that delivers 12,000 RPM for the most demanding jobs. The KP312 can plane up to 12-1/4 inches wide and 1/8-inch deep in a single pass. The non-slip long life poly “V” belt is designed to efficiently transfer power to the double-edged high-speed steel blades for consistent results. The front roller is engineered for easy moving of the planer over rough materials, and the large ejection chute provides a high rate of discharge and helps prevent clogging from wet or dry wood chips. The spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and workpiece, and the ball bearing construction is engineered for longer tool life.
The KP312 has several ease-of-use features, including a large, conveniently located depth setting knob for easy adjustment, and a guide rule for accurate and maximum use of planning width. The 33-foot cord is located at the top of the handle to help prevent obstruction during long and repeated passes. The rubberized front handle is designed for comfort, control, and reduced operator fatigue.
Engineered for Framing and Woodworking
The KP312 is engineered for professional timber framers, carpenters, log home manufacturers, boat fabricators and general contractors seeking a best-in-class 12-1/4-Inch Planer. The KP312 is just another example of Makita’s commitment to innovative technology and best-in-class engineering.
About Makita’s Power Tools
Makita delivers precision, accuracy, capacity, and innovation to woodworkers. Makita has full range of miter saws, jig saws, circular saws, routers, planers, sanders, nailers and staplers, blades, compact cordless drills and impacts, and more. Makita’s woodworking solutions are engineered for pro contractors, for use in high production settings and in home shops.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita applies leading-edge innovation to engineer power tools that are more compact and energy efficient, yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network located throughout the U.S. For more information, please call 800/4-MAKITA (800/462-5482) or visit makitatools.com. Makita is Best in Class Engineering.
Every Makita tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide a replacement or refund. Each Makita tool is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of ONE YEAR from the date of original purchase. Should any trouble develop during this one-year period, return the COMPLETE tool, freight prepaid, to one of Makita’s Factory or Authorized Service Centers. Please see makitatools.com for complete details.
What’s in the Box
Makita KP312 12-1/4-Inch Planer, wrench, triangular rule and blade set.
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor with 12,000 RPM for the most demanding applications
- Poly “”V”” belt designed with grooves efficiently transfers power from the motor to the blades
- Front roller for easy moving over rough materials
- Large ejection chute provides high rate of chip discharge and helps prevent clogging from wet or dry wood chips
- Ideal cord location and length (33 ft.) helps prevent obstruction during long and repeated passes
- Rubberized front handle for comfort, control, and reduced operator fatigue
- Large, conveniently located depth setting knob for easy adjustment
- Spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and workpiece
- Guide rule for accurate and maximum use of planing width
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- All-ball bearing construction for longer tool life
- Wrench (782209-3)
- Triangular Rule (762001-3)
- Blade Set (B-02870)
- Powerful 15 amp motor with 12,000 RPM for the most demanding jobs.
- Front roller for easy moving of planer over rough materials.
- Large ejection chute provides high rate of chip discharge and helps prevent clogging from wet or dry wood chips.
- Large, conveniently located depth setting knob for easy adjustment.
- Equipped with built-in edge guides as well as a special “foot” located at the rear of base to protect planer blades.