The Hults Bruk Akka Forester’s Axe is the perfect companion for the wilderness and clearing forest trails. It features a long curved 24″ American hickory handle paired with a 1.5-lb. axe head for exceptional leverage and power in a lightweight package. The straight knife-ground edge and finger notch near the neck make carving tasks a joy, while the 2.2-lb. total weight makes the Akka a joy to carry into the wilderness, either overnight or for extended periods.
The Akka Axe head is made from Swedish axe steel struck multiple times during shaping and forging, which increases both the density and durability of the axe head. Plus the head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after years of use. Handle is American hickory treated with linseed oil. A traditional leather sheath is included.
- The axe head is hand forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings..
- The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements.The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.