The Principle :
The Basic principle of wine brewing is that, the grape yeasts turns the sugar in the grape juice into alcohol and carbon dioxide. So basically, the higher the sugar content in the grapes is, the higher alcohol degree of wine it will produce. You can predict what the degree of the wine you can get from the grapes by this refractometer, and if you want to produce higher alcohol degree of wine, you can add some sugar into your grape juice which is used for brewing wine.
For example: If the brix of your grape juice is 20%, you can get about 11 %vol of wine, if you want get 15%vol of wine, you should add into some sugar to make the brix to 26.5%.
Why you must have it?
1.Take full control of your brew with this Brix Refractometer by testing brix and predicting alcohol degree at any point during the process to optimize the quality and flavor to your satisfaction. Our refractometer will make you more efficient at making wine by substituting the traditional hydrometer with the Handheld Brix Refractometer.
2.The build-in Automatic Temperature Compensation feature makes it possiable to get consistently accurate reading, you don’t need to control the temperature of the aqueous solution deliberately, just make sure it’s room-temperature ( between 0-30 degree) .
3.Durable&Safe material:This wort refractometer is constructed with non-staining, non-corrosive and non-reactive chromium material which guarantees hygiene and safety for all-grain and extract novice or master brewers.
4.Portable compact package: The refractometer comes with dropper, screwdriver, user manual and cleaning cloth, all included in a hard compact case, the item dimensions is 8″x3″x2″, the item weight is only 8.8 ounces. makes it very portable and easy to carry.
Note:Keep the refractometer dry and clean after use, which can make the instrument accurate and durable.
- It’s designed for testing the sugar content of grapes, to predict what alcohol degree of wine we can produce from the grapes.
- The 0-40% Brix Range lends itself to many other uses too! This unit has an extra large Brix Scale so you fully test wine grapes, Beer Mash and more!
- Ideal for Wine Making, Home Brewing, Agricultural, Gardening & Educational Purposes.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation makes it even easier to get fast results.
- Easy operation and save big: just need 2-3 drops of solution, you can get accurate readings.