Removes a wide range of contaminates with a single system! The 5-10 micron sediment and used in this system is capable of removing sediment, sand, and particulates. The GAC/KDF 85 filter removes tastes, odors, chemicals, and heavy metals, all of which include chlorine, pesticides, herbicides, organics, MTBE, THM, lead, mercury, low iron levels, and more. Additionally, unlike the KDF 55 filter, the KDF 85 also removes hydrogen sulfide, which is the rotten egg smell in your water. The two canister system provides cleaner, safer water without electricity or waste water. These 20″ high flow “Big Blue” filters (larger 4.5″ diameter) provide even more surface area and fewer flow restrictions than standard sized filters (2.5″ diamter) or 10″ Big Blue systems, allowing for even higher service flow rates. We provide detailed installation instructions that allow most homeowners to install this system themselves. All it takes is some basic plumbing skills and some common knowledge! If you don’t feel confident installing it yourself most plumbers can install it in about 1-2 hours. Complete system includes 1″ NPT inlet/outlet filter housings with pressure relief valves, mounting bracket, filters, shut off ball valve, and filter housing wrench.
- Simple in/out connection instructions allow for most homeowners to install themselves
- Ball valve and pressure release allows for simpler filter changes with less mess
- Sediment filter removes sediment & particulates, providing cleaner, clearer water
- GAC/KDF 85 filters out unpleasant tastes, odors, chemicals, & hydrogen sulfide.
- Designed for 2-4 bathrooms homes with 3-6 people